Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Very Special Quilt


I love working on a quilt that has a story behind it!  This quilt top was pieced by Marcia for her friend who is retiring after 35 years of working in the neonatal area of a local hospital. Marcia's friend's husband (phew, right?) was able to sneak the scrubs out of their house so the surprise quilt could be stitched. 

Anyhoo, can't you just imagine the stories that these scrub tops could tell! I'm fairly certain that these tops were worn as MANY teeny tiny babes were lovingly cared for.  

I have a special place in my heart for neonatal nurses because my son was born prematurely 38 years ago and, if it weren't for the nurses' care, I'm not sure he would have survived AND grown into the fine man he is today. 

Well time to quit babbling any get busy on Marcia's precious quilt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment