Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Somwhat Sad Goodbye

This weekend was SAFF.  For those of you who don't know, SAFF is a fiber festival held every year in western NC. 
Well, years ago, while on my way to SAFF, I spied a loom for sale.....at a YARD SALE!  It was a beautiful Mighty Wolf by Schacht.  A 4 now 4 later (info my weaving buds would understand).

Anyhoo, I scarfed her up in a heartbeat. My sweet hub came and picked her up for me.
I'll tell you....I LOVED that loom.  Eventually she lead to my purchasing a Baby Wolf, a Wolf Pup, a huge rug loom, an inkle loom, a table loom and multiple rigid heddle looms (needed for classes I taught at both SAFF and the Johnson Farm in Hendersonville)

Years later......Surprise, surprise .....
I came to the conclusion that my "studio" was becoming just a wee bit overpopulated so I decided to part with my Mighty Wolf.  The sale was bittersweet for me because the (my) loom was purchased/picked-up on SAFF weekend (the SAME WEEKEND I adopted her years ago!)  :(
I must say, however, that Donna, (the purchaser)  seems happy - which makes me a tad bit happiER.  
She posted two photos on FB.  



Enjoy your new loom, Donna!   I hope you love her as much as I do!

NEXT POST....What's on my Lenni Frame!!


No comments:

Post a Comment